This plugin marries the plugins WP Hashcash and Contact Form 7 thus allowing you to protect your contact forms using captcha-less hashcash spam prevention. Requires both WP Hashcash, or WP Hashcash Extended if you prefer, and Contact Form 7 to be installed and activated.
The main advantage of using this plugin is that bots who attempt to send spam using your contact form will be blocked without inconveniencing human users. Users won’t have to enter weird image captchas just to reach you.
See the Hashcash for Contact Form 7 homepage for more information.
- Unzip the package, and upload the folder
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Edit your contact form and add the hashcash tag [wphc] to it.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Hashcash for Contact Form 7” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- German language description added
- Removed validation error messages because they are never displayed for nameless wpcf7 controls.
- Added German language translation courtesy of Jan.
- Changed plugin text domain to match plugin slug.
- Translated strings are now escaped before output.
- WordPress version number support bumped up to 3.8.
- Bug fix release – Fixed a bug where the plugin failed to detect CF7 and WPHC. Thanks to Tobias Leugger for the bug report and help debugging.
- Initial release