This plugin adds spam checks to catch contact form 7 spam. It does so in the background without annoying your legitimate users with captchas. Simply install and activate. Optionally set limits for how many links you’ll allow in a comment and set up email notices of blocked or allowed form entries (useful for test and evaluation)
- Use WordPress’s auto plugin installer. Search for SPAM TRAP FOR CONTACT FORM 7
- Download a zip version from http://softsmart.co.za/2017/01/08/spam-trap-contact-form-7/ and use wordpress plugin uploader
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Spam Trap for Contact Form 7” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Spam Trap for Contact Form 7” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Initial version
- Fixed bugs in saving settings.
- Added message field name to change which field is filtered in the contact form 7 form.
- Changed filter to work in the skip_mail filter rather than the before send action because in before send the skip_mail property has been made private so we can’t set it if needs be
- Checks for blank messages and counts as spam if found. This is because spammers are now putting their message into the subject and leaving the message blank
- We were filter_santizing_string’ing the CF7 message before counting links. The problem is that if there are spammy links like example then the filter_var removes those and they’re not counted (not present)
- Added an icon to the assets directory
- Added an icon to the assets directory and fixed a typo
- removed assets directory incorrectly placed in trunk
- Added block email addresses (in addition to blocked words and block name fields)
- Added in option to send blocked messages to dnsbl.softsmart.co.za for review and addition into that block list
- Code review and tyding up (escaping output / santizing input, code sniffer etc)